INVESTIGATION SYSTEM CONCEPT
System investigation here is done when there is or there is a gap in the difference (gap) between the purpose of the system and actual system conditions. For example, the system is to satisfy customers in terms of services company, but the system has a condition which can not satisfy customers, as early goals of the system is made, so that here the system is needed to improve the system of investigation that has been there.
There is a system of investigation here also be due to a detection of the problems that the report does not really real, such as:
- Too ideal destination
- Lack of resources and / or attitude
- Measurement system is less accurate
- System that is the purpose behind
- The difference between the ideal system and the system while
- Decompose the system is running.
- Where is the investigation carried out here in detail
- Getting a consensus that the ideal system
- Developed several alternative
- Selecting the best alternative
The objective of the investigation here is to show that the problem actually occurs.
CONSTRAINTS SYSTEM INVESTIGATION
In making an investigation, there are several problems that often arises, namely:
Results of the investigation is a recommendation that includes among others the following:
- Not to take any action.
This is done because there is no problem in finding a system.
- Perform system maintenance.
Here because of the maintenance problems that caused a small system that does not run in accordance with the goals, so that we do live on the repair and maintenance of the system.
- Improving the ability or the skills
- Consider modifications to the system total
- Putting the problem to occur in the development plan system is carried out immediately
Investigation tactics is needed here so that we:
- Find all issues
- Knowing the causes of the emergence of problems
- Determine the appropriate solution
Besides, the tactics that the investigation carried out all elements of the system can receive a quote a solution without disrupting their activities
Some of the tactics that can be done:
- Listen to opinions of the system
- Do not give the early breakthrough
- Compare the stories of some of the system against the same case
- Note the logical inconsistency problem
- The questionnaire
- Frequently asked questions
- Flow of procedure
- Reviewing documents
At the moment found several descriptions about system, that is:
- Data elements
- Transaction volume and document action
- Data Flow Diagram (DFD)
Stage of intensive interaction between the systems analyst with the end user where the system shows the development team expertise to get feedback and trust so that the user get a good participation.
Four Purpose That Want Achieved:
- Explain the complete system
- Information system that describes the ideal
- Bringing information system to the ideal conditions at this time with attention to the constraints of resources
- Provide encouragement to the confidence in the system development
- Procedure analysis
- Observation document
Constraints Of Resource
- External factors
Analysis Document Requirement
- Landing analysis: Relationships with end users, the observation process, problems in data collection.
- The user needs: The need actual, reporting requirements, training needs and the influence of the new system.
- System constraints: Explain the constraints of time and cost, expertise, technology, and external factors.
- Documents such as data collection instruments, statistical consensus, the logical flow of data and physical, data elements in the initial data dictionary.
GENERATING SYSTEM ALTERNATIVES
There are several ways to approach the condition of the system at this time with the condition of the ideal system, namely:
- Creating an alternative to solve the problem of information system.
- Alternative is best applied wisely.
Options strategies that can be selected to apply, namely:
- Distributed versus centralized processing.
Changes in decision-making information from the centralized data processing to the end user Decentralized responsibility center
- Integrated versus dispersed database.
System designer must consider the data are entered in the database and enter the File
- Surround Strategy of System Development.
About important environmental strategy in the case of company takeovers because the information system of other companies may vary with the company at this time.
Choice Of Tactics
Selection is done before the design operational.
Designing Operational Options
Options can be grouped into:
- Online Vs Off Line Data Entry
- Keyed Vs Machine Readable Data Entry
- Centralized Vs Decentralized Data Entry
- Batch Vs Real time record update
- Sequential Vs Direct Access to records
- Single Vs Multiple Users update of records
- Traditional Vs Turn Around Documents
- Structured Inquiry Vs based reports
SELECTING THE PROPER SYSTEM
Compare tactics: systems based on the comparison of costs and benefits relative. There are 3 ways a system said the system is superior to the other if:
- A cost is lower than B and both are the same benefits
- A cost is lower than B and A yield advantage of more than B
- A and B have the same but the cost advantage generated a lot more.
Some Methods Comparison System,that is:
- Break Even point Analysis
- Payback Period
- Discounted payback period
- Internal Rate of Return
- Physical sites
Comparing the cost of information systems through the life of the system, analysts projected how the cost changes for the future and there are 3 models cost information system, namely Linear, and exponentially Step Function
Cost information system can occur only once and can also occur on an ongoing basis.
- Cost information system that occur only once the cost on time and development costs that occur during the development of the system.
- Cost information system that occur continuously among reccuring cost and operational cost where the cost of this is the case when the operating system information every day.
FACTORS INTO INFORMATION SYSTEM
Qualitative factors that lead the performance information system that both of them
- Reduce errors
- Reduce the time to fix errors
- Reducing the response time from the workstation alternative
- Accelerating the provision of information
- Increase the security system
- Have active update source record
- Increase user satisfaction
FACTORS INTO CORPORATE STRATEGY
- Customer satisfaction
- Sales increased
- Consumer and vendor commitment
- Information marketing products
PRESENTING LEARNING SYSTEM
- Make short presentations
- Reduce the detail description techniques
- Clearly presented with visual aids
- If using a model using a tool such as a laptop so that more informative
- Emphasize the benefits of the proposed system with some alternative information that is appropriate conditions experienced by the company.
CONTINUING DESICION OR NOT
- If the company decided to develop the information system, the department will do next, namely the System Design Process.
- If then the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) will be terminated.
- Often the problem will be found with the system and the study and top management will usually ask for the re-employment system to study.
- Model will describe some of the stages of the repeated and sometimes the information will make a decision before the repeat stage system of study.
- With the alternative, the decision to repeat a previous stage SDLC or not called Go - No-Go Decision.
- Slide Pengamatan Awal, Kebutuhan Analisis; Ngurah Agus Sanjaya ER, S.KOM, M.KOM